- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cups torn or baby kale leaves
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbs cold water
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 50g crumbled goat’s cheese
The superfood omelette that’s packed with vitamins that will have you set and ready for the day.
- Toast pinenuts
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil to grease. Add kale and toss until wilted, set aside and keep warm.
- Separate eggs, placing egg yolks into a small bowl and egg whites into a large bowl. Add water to egg yolks and whisk with a fork. Using a hand beater, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil to grease. Using a large metal spoon, quickly fold egg yolks into the egg whites.
- Pour half the mixture into pan. Gently shake the pan for mixture to evenly cover pan base. Cook until base is golden and eggs are almost set. Sprinkle half the omelette with half the kale, pine nuts and goat’s cheese. Fold omelette in half and cook until almost set.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Repeat using remaining eggs, kale, pine nuts and goat’s cheese.