This superfood omelette is packed with vitamins that will have you set and ready for the day.
Feel free to also add other leafy veggies in your fridge that are about to turn to make sure you avoid any food waste!
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cups torn or baby kale leaves
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 50g crumbled goat’s cheese
- Set the pine nuts in a tray and pop them in the oven for a few minutes to toast. Remove from oven when toasted and set aside.
- Grease a medium frying pan and warm over medium heat. Add the kale and toss until wilted then set it aside and keep warm.
- Separate the eggs, placing egg yolks into a small bowl and egg whites into a large bowl. Add the water to the egg yolks and whisk with a fork. Using a hand beater, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Grease a medium non-stick frying pan and warm over medium heat. Using a large metal spoon, quickly fold egg yolks into the egg whites.
- Pour half the mixture into the pan and gently shake the pan for the mixture to evenly cover pan base. Cook until the base is golden and the eggs are almost set. Sprinkle half the omelette with half the kale, pine nuts and goat’s cheese. Fold omelette in half and cook until almost set then tansfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat this with the remaining eggs, kale, pine nuts and goat’s cheese.