Sweet Potato Waffles with Eggs and Avocado
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed grated sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 extra eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- Place sweet potato and ½ cup of milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on High for 6 minutes, or until soft. Roughly mash with a fork. Whisk in remaining milk and egg yolks.
- Place flour into a large bowl. Stir in sweet potato mixture to a make a thick batter. Add the fetta and season to taste.
- Whisk egg whites in a large clean bowl to soft peaks. Fold into batter.
- Working in batches, pour about 2/3 cups of batter (depending on size of waffle maker) onto a pre-heated non-stick round waffle maker. Cook until golden brown until waffle iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high. Crack eggs one at a time into hot pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until whites set and are crispy around the edges, but yolk is still runny.
- To make harissa yoghurt, stir yoghurt and lemon juice together and season to taste. Swirl in the harissa.
- Top waffles with spinach leaves, sliced avocado and fried eggs. Dollop over the harissa yoghurt and sprinkle with pepitas.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!