Sweet potato, zucchini & egg puree
- 450g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 egg
- Place sweet potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add zucchini and steam for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Alternatively, place vegetables into a microwave safe dish and add 4 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook on 100% power for 5 minutes. Stand for 3 minutes before opening lid
- Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place egg in a small saucepan of water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Peel egg.
- Process sweet potato and zucchini in a food processor until smooth (or alternatively you can use a blender).
- Serve pureed vegetables (approximately ¼ cup) with ¼ mashed egg per portion
Tip: Freeze left over portions of puree (without egg) in individual airtight containers for up to 2 months. Thaw, warm and stir through mashed egg before serving.