Thai Zucchini Egg Laksa
A versatile dish for the whole family, no matter what their dietary preferences!
Gluten Free : Dairy Free : Sugar Free : Vegetarian : Paleo
1x 400ml can organic coconut milk
1500ml vegetable broth or stock
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and cut into thirds
1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
600g zucchini, spiralled to noodles
Pinch sea salt
1 bunch coriander stalks, rinsed and pat dry, leaves reserved for garnish
3 cloves garlic, peeled
4cm piece (25g) ginger
60g brown onion (approx 1 small)
1 teaspoon lime zest (approx 1 lime)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 Asian shallots, finely sliced
1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 lime, cut in quarters
- Make the paste by placing all ingredients into high speed food processor or blender and processing until smooth.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat, add coconut oil and curry paste and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant, then add coconut milk and vegetable stock/broth.
- Bring to a simmer, add broccolini and bok choy, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a separate small pot of water to the boil, add eggs, and boil for 7-8 minutes for a hard boiled egg.
- Remove from water, crack gently and peel under water.
- Once vegetable coconut broth is finished, add zucchini noodles and cook a further 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Divide noodles and broth between 4 bowls, cut eggs in half and place on top of noodles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, Asian shallots, green chilli and a big squeeze of lime.