The best eggy French toast with berries
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup reduced fat milk
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 6-8 slices day-old thick white bread
- Strawberries and blueberries, to serve
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Perfect for Mother’s Day or other special breakfast-in-bed special mornings.
- Preheat oven to 120˚C/100˚C fan-forced. Whisk eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium shallow dish.
- Grease a large non-stick frying pan with butter and melt over medium heat. Dip2 bread slices into egg mixture for about 15-20 seconds on each side. Add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until light golden brown. Transfer to a tray and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with extra butter, remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Place French toast onto serving plates. Top with strawberries and blueberries, lightly dust with icing sugar and serve.