The Best Pancakes
Makes 12 pancakes
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour baking powder and sugar together. In a large jug whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla, if using. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in milk mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches of 3, pour ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown. Flip over and cook for 1 minute.
- Stack and serve the pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries. Or choose from one of our sweet and savoury topping ideas.
Pimp your pancakes with these 6 Sweet & Savoury Pancake Toppings!
- Coconut yoghurt, granola and nectarine
- Mascarpone, passionfruit curd and raspberries
- Cream cheese and strawberry compote
- Roast cherry tomatoes, ricotta, baby rocket and balsamic glaze
- Garlic mushrooms, Persian fetta and chives
- Kimchi, fried egg and chilli sauce