- Preparation time 35 mins
- Serves 6 people
- Download as PDF
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- ¾ cup strong black coffee
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- ½ pack (250g) sponge fingers
- Cocoa for dusting
- ½ punnet strawberries, washed and green part removed
- ½ punnet raspberries, washed
- ½ punnet blueberries, washed
- Place saucepan half filled with water onto the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl, sit the bowl on top of the saucepan and whisk until fluffy.
- Add 1/3 cup Marsala wine, continue to whisk until the mixture forms a ribbon (about ten minutes).
- Remove the bowl, and set aside to cool.
- Gently fold the mascarpone into the cooled egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites into soft peaks and gently fold through the egg and mascarpone mixture.
- Place coffee and remaining Marsala into a bowl. Briefly dip the biscuits into the coffee mix and lay them into a trifle dish, then layer with the mascarpone mix. Top with another layer of soaked biscuit and so on, finishing with a layer of mascarpone mix.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh berries.