Turkey, Broccoli & Quinoa Burgers
150g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
500g turkey breast mince
100g (½ cup) quinoa flakes
3 long green onions, thinly sliced
4 wholegrain buns, split, toasted
60g (1/4 cup) hummus
60g mixed salad leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce, plus extra, to serve
- Steam, boil or microwave broccoli until tender. Drain. Set aside to cool then finely chop.
- Combine broccoli, mince, quinoa, green onions and one egg in a medium size bowl. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a 2cm-thick burger patties (see Tip).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Fry remaining eggs until cooked to your liking.
- To assemble, spread bread roll bases with hummus. Top each with salad leaves, tomato, cucumber a burger patty and an egg. Drizzle with a little sririacha chilli sauce and enclose with bun tops. Serve.
Tip: for babies and toddlers, at end of step 2, roll one portion of mince mixture into small meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each). Cook as per step 3. Serve with grated carrot and peeled and diced cucumber and avocado, quartered cherry tomatoes, a quartered hard-boiled egg and 1 tablespoon hummus for dipping (per serve). Leftover meatballs can be frozen or kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Serving suggestion: try serving with baked sweet potato fries for an extra serve of veg. Peel and cut 600g sweet potato into 1cm thick fries. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes, turning once, or until golden.