Vegetable Baked Eggs
- 2/3 cup chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 large tomatoes (about 250g each)
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the chicken stock into a small saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Add the couscous and stir once. Turn off the heat and stand, tightly covered, for 5 minutes. Drizzle with the oil and fluff up the grains with a fork. Stir in the herbs and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the tops from the tomatoes, and scoop out the seeds and core and pat the insides dry with paper towels. Divide half the couscous evenly between the tomatoes, and place onto a baking tray. Carefully break an egg into each one, and bake for 20 minutes, until set. Serve immediately, with the remaining couscous on the side.
TIP: You can also try this dish with medium sized capsicums instead of tomatoes.