Vegetable Egg Mash
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large (about 150g) potato, peeled, chopped
- 200g peeled pumpkin or sweet potato, chopped
- 150g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 egg
- Place carrot, potato and pumpkin in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add broccoli and steam for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Alternatively, place vegetables into a microwave safe dish and add 4 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook on 100% power for 5 minutes. Stand for 3 minutes before opening lid.
- Drain. Return to saucepan or dish and mash leaving some texture.
- Meanwhile, place egg in a small saucepan of water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Peel egg.
- Serve mashed vegetables (about 1/3 cup), with a ½ chopped hard-boiled egg.
Tip: Freeze left over portions of mash (without egg) in individual airtight containers for up to 2 months. Thaw, warm and serve alongside half a chopped egg before serving.
This vegetable mash is perfect for toddlers aged 9 - 12months.