Corn and veggie fritters
- 1 zucchini
- 1 x220g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small Spanish onion
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cherry tomatoes and salad greens to serve
- 1 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber (Peeled and de-seeded)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Pre-heat oven to 150c.
- In a bowl, place the yoghurt along with the pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the skin off the cucumber and remove the seeds
- Dice into small pieces
- Add the cucumber into the bowl with the yoghurt and stir through
- Add the juice of ½ the lemon and grate a little zest off the skin
- Finely mince the garlic and add to the bowl
- Using a spoon, mix all the ingredients in the bowl together
- Grate zucchini, carrot and onion and place in a large bowl along with the drained corn. Add flour cumin and cinnamon.
- Stir egg yolks through and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Whisk eggwhites to firm peaks and gently fold through fritter mixture.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Place 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining mix. Serve immediately with tzatziki, cherry tomatoes and mixed green leaves on the side.