Veggie Summer Lasagne
Veggie Summer Lasagne
- Preparation time 70 mins
- Serves 6 people
- Download as PDF
For a lighter meal option during the warmer months, switch up your regular lasagne for a lighter version, packed with Spring and Summer veggies and eggs! It's also a great way to use up any leftover veggies before they turn, so feel free to take the below recipe and customise it to suit what you have at home already.
- 60g butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour**
- 2 cups milk
- 375g fresh pumpkin lasagne sheets
- 2 zucchinis, cut into ribbons
- 200g baby spinach, blanched, squeezed dry
- 500g smooth ricotta
- 350g pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 medium-boiled eggs, halved
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, blanched
- 1 cup grated pizza cheese
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Melt 20g butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the leeks, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the thyme and garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter and add the flour. Cook for 1 minute or until bubbling,stirring continuously. Remove the mixture from heat and gradually stir in the milk until combined. Return to the heat it through, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and ricotta and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover the base of a baking dish with half the white sauce. Layer 1/3 of the lasagne sheets trimming to fit. Layer next with the zucchini ribbons then spread over the leek mixture. Layer with another third of the lasagne sheets. Spread with half the ricotta and spinach mixture. Add a layer of the pumpkin and arrange the boiled eggs, cut side down, over the top. Place the asparagus in among the eggs then dot with the remaining ricotta and spinach mixture. Layer using remaining lasagne sheets and spread with the remaining white sauce. Scatter the top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and then remove the foil. Bake the dish uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden and the pasta is tender. Stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve scattered with basil leaves.
**IMPORTANT: To make gluten free, ensure you use gluten free flour.
- Serving size 527
- Energy 2160kJ 516kcal
- Protein 31.1g
- Total fat 31g
- Saturated fat 16.8g
- Carbs (total) 24.1g
- Carbs (sugar) 13.9g
- Sodium 544mg
- Fibre 8.4g
All nutrition values are per serve.