White Fish Omelette
3 bay leaves
1 onion, sliced
6 black peppercorns
275g white fish fillet
20g unsalted butter
2 tablespoon dill chopped
2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
100g Persian feta, crumbled
- Mix the milk with 300ml of water together, pour it into a large shallow pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the bay leaves, onion slices and peppercorns and bring back to the boil.
- Add the white fish and simmer gently. Poach for about 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
- Lift the fish out on to a plate and leave until cool, then break into flakes, discarding any skin and bones.
- Pre-heat the grill to high.
- Whisk the eggs together with some seasoning.
- Heat a 23-25cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the butter and swirl it around to coat the base and sides of the pan.
- Pour in the eggs and, as they start to set, drag a wooden spoon over the base of the pan, lifting up little folds of egg to allow the uncooked egg to run underneath
- When the omelette is set underneath but still very moist on top, sprinkle over the flaked fish and feta.
- Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and put the omelette under the hot grill until lightly golden brown.
- Slide it on to a warmed plate and serve.