Wholesome Baked Custard
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place all ingredients except nutmeg into a blender and combine until smooth.
- Pour into a baking dish
- Place baking dish into a larger roasting tray
- Fill roasting tray with boiling water until it reaches half way up the baking dish
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the top
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, depending on the size of your baking dish. The custard will still be very wobbly when you take it out
- Let it sit in the remaining water in the roasting tray on the bench until cool. You can eat it warm or transfer to fridge until cold then enjoy
*This custard is best consumed right away, don’t leave it in the fridge too long.
*You can make individual serves in ramekins, just reduce the cooking time.