Zoodles & Egg Salad
For a lighter noodle salad option, swap out your regular noodles for zoodles and an egg for protein and you have yourself the perfect zoodles and egg salad recipe.
- 260g sweet berry truss tomatoes
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 4 large zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place tomatoes onto one tray and drizzle with oil. Season with salt. Spread parmesan evenly onto remaining tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and parmesan forms a golden melted crust. Break parmesan crisp into large shards.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to low, and when bubbles subside, use a spoon to stir the water until a whirlpool forms. Break an egg into a small bowl and gently slide into whirlpool. Cook for 3 minutes or until white is cooked. Use a slotted spoon to transfer egg to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Using a spiraliser, turn zucchini into spirals. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat. Add basil. Toss until combined. Divide zoodles between serving plate and top each with a poached egg. Serve with roast tomatoes and parmesan crisps.