Zucchini and Egg Pizza
This super healthy zucchini and egg pizza is perfect for brekky, lunch or dinner. Packed full of veggies this healthy meal option is one you'll want to cook over and over. We've included chicken in the recipe, but if you're vegetarian, leave it off when you're making it and you're good to go. We promise it will still taste just as delicious.
ZUCCHINI PIZZA BASE
500g zucchini, grated (approx. 4 medium zucchinis)
½ cup (40g) grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup quinoa flour*
½ tsp dried Italian herbs
1 egg, beaten
3 asparagus stalks, base trimmed
1 tbsp low salt pizza sauce
50g diced cooked skinless chicken*
¼ cup finely sliced roasted red capsicum
4 bocconcini, halved
Olive oil cooking spray
3 small (50g each) eggs
Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Zucchini Pizza Base
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan-forced) and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze grated zucchini to remove as much moisture as possible. Toss into a bowl along with parmesan, flour, herbs and egg. Mix well.
- Spoon zucchini mixture onto prepared baking tray to form a 25-30cm round or oval base, approx. 1cm thick. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Using a potato peeler, slice asparagus lengthways into thin slices.
- Spoon pizza sauce over pizza crust and arrange asparagus, chicken, capsicum and bocconcini over the top, leaving space for 3 eggs. Spray with cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into each space and bake 10-12 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks still creamy. Stand 5 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves and serve warm.
*Remove chicken for vegetarian option
*Use any gluten free flour such as almond flour or buckwheat flour; or try wholemeal spelt.