MARKETING FOR CONSUMERS
One of the primary services provided by Australian Eggs is the marketing and communications platform targeted at Australian consumers. All activities represent all egg producers, brands and farming systems under the Australian Eggs brand. The purpose of these programs is to:
- Increase consumer awareness and engagement with eggs due to their:
- Nutritional benefits
- Appetite appeal
- Encourage more consumption as part of a balanced diet
- Educate school aged children on the benefits of eggs as part of everyday life, as well as encourage awareness of egg farming
More information about the health benefits of eggs is available in the nutrition section.
Marketing activities are conducted via:
- TV, digital and outdoor advertising
- Integrated publicity
- Social media engagement
- A science-based education campaign aimed at primary school students, called All About Eggs
A science-based educational campaign aimed at primary school students, ‘All About Eggs,’ is an important aspect of our marketing program. In partnership with hatcheries, primary school children learn about the life-cycle of eggs and chickens, as well as animal welfare, biosecurity and the nutritional benefits of eating eggs.
Australian Eggs also participates in the ‘Healthy Eating for Kids’ program which communicates the nutritional benefits of eggs to students, parents and school staff.
Visit the All About Eggs website by following this link.
Australian Eggs engages in marketing campaigns that encourage greater consumption of eggs and increase awareness of the nutritional benefits of eggs.
To help ensure the success of campaigns, we established the Marketing Industry Consultative Committee (Marketing ICC) which helps Australian Eggs decide which campaigns to run. The Marketing ICC was established to help Australian Eggs:
- Maximise the effectiveness of the marketing program
- Obtain a clearer understanding of the needs of the industry
- Obtain timely advice on market developments
- Ensure greater transparency and accountability to Australian Eggs’ stakeholders.