Egg Industry Sustainability
There has been an explosion of community interest in sustainability over the last few years.
While there has always been a large section of the community engaged by sustainability issues, interest in how our societies can better manage present and future challenges is now mainstream. The Sustainability Framework process was commenced to reflect a commitment by the egg industry to contribute to this process.
The global plan for action on sustainability issues is captured in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Sustainability Framework process provides a meaningful link between the broad ambitions of the SDGs and action that can be taken by the egg industry with guidance from the priorities of the Australian community.
The process involves informed consideration of issues that:
- Are important to the public
- Reflect the impacts and contributions of the Australian egg industry
- Can be progressed by egg farmers
- Are of interest to a range of industry stakeholders
The Australian Egg Industry Sustainability Framework links to the Sustainable Development Goals in the following areas:
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well Being
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life On Land