It's the final day in our virtual hatchery and our chicks are getting ready to leave the nursery and go into the big wide world. This video highlights how our chicks have changed in appearance from when we first met them and how what they need from their carers now, is different from the day that they hatched. This video will inspire students to think about how they have changed as they have grown and gives suggestions for further exploration.
- To understand how living things grow and change over time
Extend student learning by using the interactive lessons available here and consider using the following questions to provoke students’ curiosity and encourage further thinking about how living things grow and develop over time:
- Do you look the same as when you were a baby?
- What things can you do now that you couldn’t do then?
- What will you be able to do when you’re a grown up that you can’t do now?
- How do you think you will look in 20 years time?
What happens to the chicks when they leave the hatchery?
Our chicks will be moved to a baby animal farm to be well cared for and supplied to animal breeders all over Australia. The birds we have are laying birds, not meat birds and will not be subjected to any unethical treatment.