Welcome to www.australianeggs.org.au (“Website”) operated by Australian Eggs Limited ACN 102 859 585 (“Australian Eggs”, “we” or “us”). Australian Eggs respects, acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we will use, manage and protect personal information collected via the Website in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
Open and transparent management of personal information
Collection of Personal Information
Australian Eggs will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities or where we are otherwise permitted, required or authorised by Australian law or court/tribunal order to do so.
The personal information which Australian Eggs collects and holds will depend on the nature of your interaction with us. We may collect personal information from you via the Website including information you provide to us at our request including your name, contact details, place of work, email address or post code when you knowingly provide us with that information, including without limitation, when you contact us directly or via the Website, sign up to access specific content or newsletters for the Website.
There may be occasions when Australian Eggs collects your personal information from someone else, such as when we engage a third party to assist us with a program or when we jointly conduct a program or event with a third party.
You may be able to deal with Australian Eggs without identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym). If you wish to do so, please contact us to find out if this is practicable in your circumstances.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Australian Eggs uses the personal information that it collects for the purposes for which it was provided to Australian Eggs, to carry out Australian Eggs’ general purposes, to fulfil its legal obligations, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law.
Australian Eggs’ general purposes may include:
- providing products and services that you have requested and responding to your enquiries;
- administering Australian Eggs’ programs and dealing with stakeholders;
- conducting specific projects in which you have chosen to participate;
- administering competitions and events;
- sending marketing material that Australian Eggs (or a third party) considers will be useful (if you have consented to receiving this). If Australian Eggs is notified that a person does not wish to receive such information, it will not send it to that person.
Depending on your interaction with us, your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Australian Eggs related entities or affiliates;
- external service providers and advisers who may have been engaged to provide legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of Australian Eggs business only); and
- any other person authorised, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by Australian Eggs.
For clarity, personal information that you send to us including your name, email address and other information you provide may be disclosed to a third party, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- for the purpose of processing and delivering your request;
- when we have your consent to share the information;
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information; or
- if your personal information is collected in connection with a program administered in conjunction with a service provider, to that service provider to fulfil program requirements.
Credit card information provided for the purposes of purchasing services or materials from Australian Eggs is destroyed immediately after use and not stored.
Australian Eggs will not collect sensitive information about an individual (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless the individual gives specific consent.
Security of personal information
Australian Eggs takes measures to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However, you acknowledge that such security cannot be guaranteed.
Security measures employed include up-to–date software security, password protections, IT back-ups, physical security such as locks, staff training, staff policies covering IT use and security, and physical security. Australian Eggs will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer required.
Google Analytics and Cookies
A “Cookie” is a piece of information that our server may send to your machine when you visit the Website. The Cookie is stored on your machine. Please note that this data cannot be matched to specific users. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit the Website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the Website. With most Internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. This may mean that you are unable to take full advantage of our Website.
Access, Correction and Complaints
You can request access and/or correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made by contacting us using the details below.
If you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), please contact us using the details below.
We take such matters seriously and shall review and respond to any such requests or concerns with you directly as soon as reasonably practicable. If we fail to respond to a complaint within a reasonable time or if you are otherwise dissatisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at www.oaic.gov.au.
A reasonable access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing requested information to you unless the Australian Privacy Principles prohibit us from charging you for a request.
Contact Australian Eggs
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or Australian Eggs’ privacy practices, please contact Australian Eggs by calling +61 2 9409 6999 or emailing [E-Mail not displayed].