Funny Face Ham, Leek and Swiss Cheese Quiche
- 8 eggs
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 leek, pale part only, washed well and thinly sliced
- 120g low fat ham, shaved and diced
- 120g grated low fat Swiss cheese
- 200ml milk
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray Oil
- 1 egg, hard boiled and cut in half
- 1 cherry tomato cut in half
- 6 asparagus spears, cut in half
- ¼ avocado
- 1 thick cucumber slice
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Grease a 23cm quiche tin with spray oil, line with pastry sheet and trim edges.
Cover with a sheet of non-stick baking paper, fill with baking weights and place into the oven until blind baked (without colouration).
Heat a frying pan on gentle heat, spray with oil and add leek. Gently cook without colour until soft.
In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Once the pastry is blind baked, remove from oven and take out the paper and weights. Fill with leeks, ham and egg mixture, and top with cheese.
Place back into the oven for 30 minutes or until filling is just set.
Remove quiche from oven and garnish with eggs as eyes, tomato as cheeks, asparagus as hair, avocado as the mouth and cucumber as the nose.
Serve with a large side salad for everyone to share.