- Preparation time 55 mins
- Serves 12 people
- Download as PDF
3 zucchinis, grated
1 onion, finely chopped
200g rindless shortcut bacon, finely diced*
1 ½ cup (150g) grated cheddar cheese
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ cup (120g) smooth ricotta
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven 180°C/160°C (fan-forced) and grease and line a 30 x 20cm (base measurement) pan with baking paper.
- Combine grated zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and flour.
- Whisk oil and eggs together and stir into flour mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Dollop tbsp. of ricotta and arrange cherry tomatoes over the top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm or cold.
*For a vegetarian version, omit bacon and add sliced mushrooms
- Zucchini slice will keep refrigerated for 2-3 days in a sealed container. Reheat in microwave or in a low oven.
- Freeze portions separately and add to lunch boxes.