Prosciutto, Rocket and Egg Tart
What's better than a dish with flaky golden puff pastry, an eggy top with Parmesan cheese and a side of peppery rocket? Our guess is nothing because we've created a deliciously simple egg tart recipe with prosciutto and rocket to satisfy the whole family!
Whether it's for lunch or dinner, this dish is great for everyone, and if you're entertaining, you can make mini tarts in a muffin tin for bite-sized portions.
- 4 slices prosciutto, roughly torn
- 4 eggs
- 1 sheet prepared puff pastry
- 1 cup baby rocket
- ½ cup fresh ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup currants
- Shaved Parmesan
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the sheet of pastry onto a baking tray. Using a small knife, score around the square 2cm in from the edge, making sure not to cut through the pastry.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Parmesan and currants, season with a little salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture into the inner square, leaving the 2cm border around the edge. Arrange the prosciutto on top.
- Place into pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes or until pastry is puffed, cooked and golden around the edge.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl and just break the yolk with a fork, pour immediately onto the hot tarts and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the rocket leaves and shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.