The Amaretti Biscuit is a traditional Italian almond-flavoured macaroon and are extremely quick to make. In just 15 minutes, you'll have delicious almond biscuits to go with you morning or afternoon coffee as a sweet little treat.
- 125g Ground almonds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg whites
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 drops Almond essence
- 20 Blanched almonds
- Combine the ground almonds, sugar, egg whites, vanilla and almond essence in a mixing bowl. Beat mixture with electric whisk on medium speed for about 3 minutes, them let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture rests, prepare baking trays with non stick baking paper and preheat oven to 180 C.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a 1 cm plain tube and pipe the mixture onto the baking paper in a circular motion to form a biscuit.
- Place one blanched almond on top of each biscuit and bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until tops are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool for a few minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.