- Preparation time 15 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
Basic crepes are anything but basic. And when it comes to how scrumptious they can taste – the possibilities are endless. Not sure how to make them taste extra-special? Well, as the perfect light and fluffy vehicle for your favourite toppings, crepes can be served up savoury or sweet.
So first up, master this simple crepe recipe. Then, simply get creative. Because that's the insider secret to these traditional thin pancakes.
The big question is, are you a “folder” or a “stacker”?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Butter or margarine, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
- Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and melt butter. Add the batter into the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe.
- Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Be sure to check out some of our other delicious crepe recipes like Crepes with Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Raspberries & Honey as well as Chocolate Hazelnut Crepe Cake with Chocolate Sauce.
- Serving size 129g
- Energy 1130kJ 270kcal
- Protein 8.1g
- Total fat 14.1g
- Saturated fat 8.2g
- Carbs (total) 26.9g
- Carbs (sugar) 1.7g
- Sodium 285mg
- Fibre 1.3g
All nutrition values are per serve.