Basic Crêpes Recipe
Add your favourite toppings with these crepes. They can be eaten with either savoury or sweet toppings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Butter or margarine, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
- Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and melt butter. Add the batter into the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe.
- Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Be sure to check out some of our other delicious crepe recipes like Crepes with Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Raspberries & Honey as well as Chocolate Hazelnut Crepe Cake with Chocolate Sauce.