- Preparation time 30 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
400g orecchiette pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
3 fresh chorizo sausages, skin peeled, broken into 2cm pieces
1 large red onion (300g), cut into thin wedges
150g cavolo nero, stems discarded, leaves shredded finely (see swaps)
4 slices prosciutto (60g)
250g cherry truss tomatoes, cut into clusters (see swaps)
1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
¼ cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until just tender. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup (80ml) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add cavolo nero; cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add reserved pasta water; season.
- Fill a large deep frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Break 1 egg into a small bowl or cup, then slide the egg into the pan. Repeat with remaining eggs. When all the eggs are in the pan, allow the water to return just to the boil. Cover the pan, then turn off the heat; stand for 3 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are runny. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- Preheat grill to high. Place the prosciutto and tomatoes on a large oven tray; grill for 2 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp and tomatoes soften.
- Combine pasta, chorizo mixture and crumbled ricotta; divide among plates. Serve topped with eggs, prosciutto, tomatoes, parmesan and parsley; season with pepper.
Swaps | Use kale instead of the cavolo nero. Use regular cherry or grape tomatoes instead of the cherry truss tomatoes.
The Australian Women's Weekly, in conjunction with Australian Eggs, recently released a mini cookbook containing a collection of egg recipes for every time of the day. The cookbook is available for purchase from Woolworths and Coles Australia wide. This recipe has been republished with permission.