Cauliflower Steaks with Herbed Scramble
Meat-free dinners have never been easier! Swap out your protein for eggs and pack your plate with veggies like our cauliflower steaks and spinach for a complete and delicious meal option.
- 8 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1.5cm-thick steaks
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup milk
- 35g butter, chopped
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs
- 60g baby spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Steamed brown rice and tomato salad, to serve (optional)
- Preheat a grill pan or char-grill on high.
- Spray the cauliflower with oil and place on the heated grill for 5 minutes on each side or until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs and milk into a large bowl and whisk them together until frothy and combined.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Once melted, add the egg mixture and stir it gently with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Stir in the herbs and remove the pan from the heat. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks with the herbed scramble and spinach. Scatter with extra herbs, green onion and lemon wedges. Serve with steamed brown rice and tomato salad, if you like.
Tip: To make the cauliflower steaks, remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Use a large, sharp knife to cut 1.5cm-thick steaks from the centre of the cauliflower.