Chocolate Souffle Omelette with Berries and Yoghurt
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 6 tbsp castor sugar
- 20g polyunsaturated margarine
- 2 cups Berries (Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries)
- 1 cup low fat yoghurt (vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and cocoa into a bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Place egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until semi soft using an electric whisk. Gradually add the sugar to the egg whites while whisking, until mixture forms peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place a non-stick ovenproof fry pan onto the stove top, add margarine and heat. Add omelette mixture and gently cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer pan to the oven, and leave until just cooked.
- Transfer omelette onto serving plate. Place berries and yogurt in the centre, fold and serve immediately.