Egg and chicken salad bowl
Jazz up your salad bowl with lemon chicken and an egg, giving you a double dose of protein. This delicious mix of root vegetables, lemon, maple syrup and sour cream topped with an egg will have everyone in the office kitchen talking about your delectable lunch.
- 8 baby red beetroot, trimmed
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced length ways
- 4 eggs
- 1 small bunch watercress, sprigs picked
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wrap beetroot individually in foil and place onto a baking tray and roast for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool, peel skin and halve lengthways.
- Place chicken and lemon into a deep-frying pan and cover with cold water. Place over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and cool in pan. When cold, remove chicken from pan and thinly slice diagonally.
- Place snow peas into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Peel cooled eggs and cut in half. Arrange watercress, snow peas, beetroot and chicken in shallow serving bowls.
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, oil, lemon juice and maple syrup in a jug. Season with salt and white pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and top with eggs. Serve.