Chicken Fried Rice with Sliced Egg Omelette
Take your fried rice from a side dish to your main meal by adding chicken breast to the mix of this already delicious dish. Follow the super simple recipe below and enjoy as the garlic, soy sauce and jasmine rice aromas flood your kitchen.
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g pkt microwave jasmine rice, warmed
- ¼ cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a wok or large deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 eggs and swirl around the pan to form a thin omelette. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a board, roll and slice thinly. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil and remaining eggs to make 2 omelettes.
- Add remaining peanut oil to wok and return to high heat. Stir-fry chicken for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add capsicum, peas, half the shallots, sugar snap peas and the garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through
- Mix together half the kecap manis, rice wine and sesame oil and add to the wok, tossing gently until well combined. Fold through half the sliced omelette
- To serve, divide the rice between bowls and top with remaining sliced omelette, remaining shallots and scatter of sesame seeds. Drizzle with remaining kecap manis.