Simple egg, ricotta & pea pasta
- 2 eggs
- ½ a cup of smooth ricotta
- ½ a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 350g pappardelle pasta or pasta of your choice
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions in well salted water.
- Meanwhile, mash the ricotta, parmesan and eggs in a small bowl with a generous grinding of black pepper.
- About 2 minutes before draining the pasta, add the frozen peas and cook until the water comes back to the boil and the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the saucepan immediately.
- Working quickly, add the cheese and egg mix, stirring through with a wooden spoon.
- Serve immediately with more black pepper, and more parmesan if you desire.