Spanish-style Bacon & Eggs
- 1 red onion, peeled & sliced thickly
- 1 red capsicum – cut in strips (same thickness as onion)
- 2 chorizo sausages cut lengthways into 4 each
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
In a heavy, non stick frypan, gently fry the chorizo on both sides in olive oil until cooked (but not dried out). Remove and keep warm. Into the oil remaining in the pan, cook the onion and capsicum on medium to high heat until softened but not mushy – say 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove and keep with chorizo. Next fry the eggs to your liking in the same pan in the same remaining oil. Serve everything on warm plates, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!