Cheesy Egg in the Hole with Corn Salsa
- 4 large slices crusty white bread (2cm thick)
- 30g softened butter
- 1 cup finely grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Chilli sauce, to serve
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 tbs finely chopped coriander, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Spread both sides of bread with butter. Sprinkle cheese over a large plate and press in bread slices and cut out holes to coat both sides. Use a 4cm cutter to cut a hole out of each bread slice bread.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook 2-3 minutes, until bright yellow and ledges start to turn golden. Tip into a bowl. Add remaining salsa ingredients and set aside,
- Wipe out pan and add oil. Cook bread slices and cut out holes, for 2-3 minutes or until undersides are golden and toasted, then flip over. Gently crack 1 egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over egg, cover pan with lid and cook 3-4 minutes, until whites set.
- Spoon corn salsa over the top of toast and drizzle with chilli sauce. Scatter with coriander leaves to serve.