Egg and chicken Caesar salad
Chicken Caesar is one of the classic salads so take it to the next level with a home made dressing and hard-boiled eggs.
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 small French baguette, sliced
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 small cos lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed and dried
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Greek style yoghurt
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- Mix together the dressing ingredients along with one tablespoon water until fully combined then set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water then plunge into iced water, drain, sliced lengthways and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, poach the chicken breasts until cooked through, remove and allow to cool.
- Heat an oven grill to high, lay out the slices of baguette on a baking tray and sprinkle with parmesan. Grill until melted and golden.
- To serve, slice the chicken arrange it on serving plates with cos leaves, beans, red onion, quarters of hard boiled egg and parmesan baguette slices. Drizzle with dressing or alternatively, serve the dressing on the side.