Frittata Caprese with spinach, tomato and ricotta
This frittata spin on a traditional Italian caprese salad will be a winner at your next meal! Packed with delicious flavours including roma tomatoes, oregano and Parmesan and the milder flavour of ricotta cheese, this simple caprese frittata is a great midweek meal that's easy to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g mini roma tomatoes, halved
- 6 sprigs oregano
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup single cream
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- Heat oil in a 25cm non-stick oven proof frying pan over medium heat. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook for 30 seconds, or until wilted.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, Parmesan, salt and pepper and pour into the pan. Move the mix around gently with a spatula to cover the base underneath the tomato mixture. Spoon over the ricotta.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Scatter with basil leaves and the extra Parmesan to serve.