Mini spinach, cherry tomato and ricotta quiches
Makes 12 mini quiches.
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry, slightly thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded tasty cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed baby spinach
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 red onion, diced
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and gently cook the spinach until wilted and soft, this shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly spray a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Using a 10cm round cookie cutter, cut 4 circles from each pastry sheet and use these to line the muffin pan.
- In a bowl add the eggs and milk, whisk, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the spinach, ricotta, tasty cheese and cherry tomatoes, mix.
- Spoon equal amounts of the filling in the muffin tin, then pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 25 - 30mins until firm.
- For the tomato chutney, place onion, tomatoes, curry powder, ginger, vinegar and sugar into a saucepan.
- Stir occasionally over medium heat, for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Allow to cool before serving, and allow to completely cool before refrigerating.
Keeps for one week in the fridge.
Discover our quick & easy quiche recipe today that is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner.