Poached eggs with avocado & feta smash on sourdough
1 large ripe avocado
1 tablespoon lemon juice
60 g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped dill
100 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 thick slices sourdough bread.
- To make the "smash", place avocado halves in a bowl, fork through to create a rustic mash, add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and tomato. Mix well.
- Bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break egg into a small dish.
- Reduce the heat, to the water, to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
- Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
- Allow 3 – 4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- Smear Smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs.