Egg & Trout Croissants
- 4 eggs
- 4 large croissants
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 tbs chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- ½ lemon, grated zest and 2 tsp of juice
- 1 cup watercress
- 100g smoked ocean trout slices
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium high. Crack eggs one at a time into hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes, until whites set and are crispy around the edges.
2. Split croissants in half and place cut side up on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Cook under grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until toasted and golden.
3. In a small bowl, combine crème fraiche, chives, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Spread bases with crème fraiche mixture. Top with watercress, folds of trout slices and then a fried egg. Scatter with extra chives and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and any extra crème fraiche mixture.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!