Egg worm noodles with simple fried rice
- 1 ½ cups chopped mixed vegetables (see Tip)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 250g packet microwave brown rice
- Boil, steam or microwave vegetables until just tender. Drain.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl until well combined. Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture, tilting pan to evenly cover base. Cook omelette for 1-2 minutes or until just set. Carefully loosen edges and turn out onto a board. Cut into thin strips ‘worms’.
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Combine rice and cooked vegetables. Divide fried rice between serving bowls and serve topped with egg ‘worms’
Tip: Choose from a mixture of chopped sugar snap peas, snow peas, carrot, corn kernels or mixed frozen vegetables.
Fried rice can be frozen in small portions in a sealed container without the egg worm omelette for up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan.