Corn and Vegetable Fritters Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 1 x 220g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small Spanish onion
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cherry tomatoes and salad greens to serve
- 1 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber (Peeled and de-seeded)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 150c.
- To make tzatziki, in a bowl place the yoghurt along with the pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wash and peel the skin off the cucumber, remove the seeds and dice into small pieces.
- Add the cucumber into the bowl with the yoghurt and stir through.
- Add the juice of ½ the lemon and grate a little zest off the skin.
- Finely mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix all the ingredients in the bowl together.
- To make the fritters, grate zucchini, carrot and onion and place in a large bowl along with the drained corn. Add flour, cumin and cinnamon.
- Stir egg yolks through and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Whisk egg whites to firm peaks and gently fold through fritter mixture.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki, cherry tomatoes and mixed green leaves on the side.