Fun brekky eggs in toast
- 2 thick slices wholemeal bread
- Butter or margarine, for spreading
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup finely grated reduced fat tasty cheese
Great fun breakast idea for kids!
- Place bread onto a board. Lightly spread both sides with butter or margarine. Using a cookie cutter, cut a fun shape out of the centre of each slice of bread.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add bread and cut-out shapes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Turn bread and crack an egg into the centre of each slice. Cook for 3-4 minutes until egg yolk is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and heat until just melting. Serve each with matching cut-out shapes.
Tip: Get the kids involved by using their favourite cookie cutter shapes.