Funny Face soft-boiled eggs with avocado & Vegemite soldiers
- ½ small ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- Vegemite, for spreading
Draw funny faces, names or messages with a texta on the eggs before cooking.
- Halve avocado lengthways and scoop flesh into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Place eggs into a saucepan of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring gently in a clockwise direction, over medium heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes for soft-boiled.
- Meanwhile, toast bread then lightly spread with Vegemite and top with avocado. Cut into fingers. Transfer eggs into egg cups and serve with avocado and Vegemite toast.