- Preparation time 5 mins
- Serves 1 person
- Download as PDF
- 10g butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of your favourite omelette ingredients
- 3 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- fresh herbs (if desired)
- pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in microwave-safe dish in microwave for 30 seconds (uncovered).
- Put ingredients into the melted butter, gently tossing to coat. Cover with plastic film, and pierce a hole in top. Cook 2½ minutes on high. Remove and let sit (so that steam subsides), say one minute.
- Meanwhile beat two eggs and pour them over the ingredients and with a spoon stir to make sure eggs travel right through to the base of the dish. Cover with plastic film again and microwave for a further 1½ minutes.
- Let sit a further 1½ minutes to complete cooking and gently remove the plastic before serving.