Poached egg on potato rosti with smoked salmon and avocado
Step away from the store-bought hashbrown and whip up a home-made potato rosti for your next brekkie and top it with smoked salmon, avo and a poached egg. Impress your friends with this easy Poached Egg On Potato Rosti With Smoked Salmon and Avocado recipe that is sure to keep everyone happy!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated (600g)
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 200g smoked salmon
- Hollandaise sauce, store bought
- Chervil sprigs or parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place grated potato into a fine sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Using your hands squeeze as much liquid as possible from potatoes. Place into a clean tea towel and squeeze liquid from potatoes. (The drier the potatoes the crispier the hash browns). Combine potatoes, onion, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Form 1/4 cups of potato mixture into patties and cook in batches for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a tray. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Place tray in oven to keep hash browns warm.
- Place 2 potato rosti onto each serving plate. Top with avocado, salmon, poached egg and sauce. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.