Spiced Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Fritters with Soft Boiled Eggs
- 1 x 400 g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 heaped tbsp tikka masala spice blend
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (50 g) plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to season
- Olive oil, to fry in
SOFT BOILED EGGS AND SALAD:
- 6 eggs
- Salad greens
TO MAKE THE FRITTERS:
- Place the chickpeas into a large bowl and mash slightly using a fork. Add the grated sweet potato, chives, feta, tikka masala spice blend, 2 eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat. Cover the base of the fry pan with a thin layer of olive oil. Gently place tablespoons of the mixture into pan and cook for 4 minutes or until golden and the fritter is holding together.
- Gently flip each fritter and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the fritters on a plate lined with kitchen paper and continue frying until no batter remains. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE SOFT BOILED EGGS:
- Prepare an ice bath. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil then reduce heat to simmer. Carefully add 6 eggs to the pot of simmering water and cook for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs and place into ice bath until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs and slice in half.
- Arrange fritters on a plate lined with salad greens, top with soft boiled eggs and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- This recipe is freezer friendly.
Recipe by Kayla Sciacca