Spicy scrambled egg breakfast rolls
- 4 x 15cm pieces French bread (or use 4 long bread rolls)
- 1/4 cup peri peri spicy mayonnaise
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbs butter, chopped
- 60g rocket leaves
Kick start the day with a sensational combination of spicy chilli flakes perfectly melded with soft scramble egg.
- Halve bread and spread cut sides with mayonnaise.
- Use a fork to whisk eggs, milk and chilli flakes in a bowl until just combined. Set aside for a few minutes to allow foam to settle.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add butter, melt and swirl to coat pan base. Add egg mixture and cook without stirring for 30 seconds.
- Using a wide spatula, push the set eggs around outer edge toward the centre of the pan, tilting the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run over the base. Gently push eggs around pan every 15 seconds until soft folds form and one quarter mixture is unset. Remove from heat. Gently fold the egg mixture once more. Divide scrambled eggs and rocket between bread. Season and serve.
Tip: If you can’t find Peri Peri mayonnaise, substitute with a mix of extra chill flakes or Tabasco sauce mixed regular mayonnaise.