- Preparation time 25 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
If you find yourself stuck for breakfast ideas, think about switching up your routine and try Baked Eggs. Filled with fresh veggies and Danish feta, there's nothing not to love about this quick and easy recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 70g Danish feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wholegrain toasts, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160°C.
- Lightly spray four 250ml capacity ovenproof ramekins with oil.
- Place spinach in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it, then set aside for 10 seconds then drain. Once cool enough to handle squeeze out excess water.
- Combine the spinach, tomatoes, feta, basil and shallots in a medium bowl and divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins, and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and crack an egg on top of each dish.
- Cover the ramekins with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Season with black pepper to taste and serve.
- Serving size 165
- Energy 1370kJ 327kcal
- Protein 18.3g
- Total fat 16.3g
- Saturated fat 4.9g
- Carbs (total) 23.3g
- Carbs (sugar) 9.8g
- Sodium 465mg
- Fibre 7.3g
- Vitamin D 4.1µg
All nutrition values are per serve.